It is to worship our Lord!
The scripture gives guidelines to ministers about how these things are to be handled and distributed. You will find a theme all through scripture that tell us:
- The ministers who receive the offering/tithe are supposed to worship too!
- They are responsible to ensure the altar people give into is holy.
- Everyone should take their offerings/tithe where God chooses to make His name abide.
In the founding of our ministry in 1991 the Lord introduced us to Al Houghton, the founder of Word at Work Ministries and the author of the book above, "Purifying the Altar." It taught us the importance of ensuring that the altar people sow into is holy so they could enjoy God's covenant blessings as every form of giving has a covenant blessings associated with it. For example:
- Malachi 3:8-10 teaches us about the tithe and how it opens the window of heavens and rebukes the devourer.
- Proverbs 3:9-10 teaches that the worshiper can expect God to fill their barns with plenty and make their vats overflow with new wine.
- Genesis 8:22 teach us about seed time and harvest! It's extremely fruitful.
- Proverbs 19:17 teach us that when we give to the poor we lend to the Lord and He will pay the donor back.
Our Policy & Conviction
Our goal is to keep the altar of Kingdom League International holy; free of sin and manipulation. We strongly encourage everyone to "pray and obey." Our giving should first be motivated out of your relationship with our Lord. You should take your tithes and offerings.... where He chooses to make His name abide. In other words, where He directs you to give.
The second criteria we encourage you to consider, is whom is God using to equip you for worship and spiritual war? Those are the two factors we use in determining how to distribute or steward what Christ put within our hand.
When You Give
When you give, we follow Jesus example in Hebrews 7 and we worship Him with your tithes and offerings. We thank Him and worship Him. Part of that worship includes bringing your offering before Him to worship and to ask Him to remember His covenant upon your behalf. Your tithe and offerings serve as:
- A sign of your covenant with God
- Your trust or faith in Him and His word
- A sign of your love
We strongly urge you to remember God wants you to give not through compulsion or guilt but rather with a cheerful heart (2 Corinthians 9:7). We realize we are in a new covenant but we find the OT rich with types and shadows and I love what we can learn from Deuteronomy 26:12-15. It teaches us that when you have distributed your tithes and offerings to the places God told you then in verse 13 it says "then you shall say before the Lord.... vs 15. Look down from your holy habitation and bless (fill in your name) ___________________________________________________.
This is part of our worship. Don't make the mistake of allowing this to become just some religious ritual. I've sometimes found myself giving out of habit with no thought of worship. When you give.... it is WORSHIP!
Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.
Would it Please Our Lord for you to Worship Him through KLI?
Our vision and missions are all connected to building our Father's house of prayer for all nations and restoring David's tabernacle. It's the key to the harvest. If you have been blessed and served by our ministry or you are captured by this vision, I'd like to invite you to ask our Father if it would please Him for you to worship Him through KLI's altar?