The question is, what's your motive? What is their motive? How does a Christian determine what to pray and how to act? How do you navigate this life so that you reach the destiny God planned for you so that you may hear these glorious words, "Well done you good and faithful servant.... enter in to the joy of the Lord. (Matt. 25:23)"
The key is to filter every situation through the lens of scripture recognizing that our moral compass struggles with the the same thing a real compass struggles with. It's called deviation. Deviation is introduced through the magnetic attraction from this world and it introduces error. We can correct for that error once the true is known.
Each person't moral compass is impacted by the attraction of this world as well. Deviation is determined by comparing a situation in this world with the truth and determining how far off it is. Then we know how much correction must be introduced to ensure our moral compass is calibrated and points to the truth. We do this by holding up a situation, an action or a motive and looking at it through the corrective lens of scripture.
If we fail to correct deviation our moral compass will point us the wrong way. We will think we are doing the right thing, and going the right way but we'll be disappointed and frustrated. We won't reach our goals. We will end up in places we did not plan to go because our compass is in error. It's off. Not only will it impact this life but we may miss out on reaching our eternal home in heaven if we do not re-calibrate our moral compass with the Truth.
It is important to remember that:
- In every sphere of society such as media/entertainment, government, business ect. that there is a war that is being waged. It's heavenly battle that spilled from heaven to earth as Michael and his angels cast Satan and his demons out of heaven. (Rev. 12:7-12)
- Revelation 12:17 reveals.... "he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
- The issue at hand are the souls of men and women and their eternal destiny in heaven or in hell.
- The nature of God. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life! It is impossible for God to lie and God is love and demonstrated that through Jesus sacrifice on the cross. (John 14:6, Heb 6:18, 1 John 4:8, Rom 5:8)
- Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. He is the father of liars, murderers and deceivers. (John 10:10 & John 8:40-45)
- A spiritual man or woman is called by God to judge all things (1 Cor. 2:15)
- We will recognize a false minister by their fruit/character (Matt 7:15-20, Gal. 5:19-23
With these things in mind we are prepared to look at the current situation in this world concerning the mid-term elections and the migrants from Central America and other countries heading towards US southern border? Remember that:
- Media competes for ratings
- Politicians compete for power
- Businesses compete for customers
- etc.... and they are competing for your time, attention and money!
Does the Bible shed any light on how to respond to these situations?