By Tim Taylor: In the last few days the coronavirus outbreak has made international headlines. This morning I saw a prophetic word from Charlie Shamp delivered May 29, 2018. Charlie is one of a number of prophets we've learned to watch and I'd like to say we saw this word in 2018 but we did not.
I'd like to use this situation to illustrate what how we use prophetic words to empower the Church to pray through 1Church1Day (get your app through Itunes or Google Play). I'll share the lessons first and then at the end I'll share Charlie's complete prophetic word.
First, prophets are a gift from God (Ephesians 4:11). The scripture also reveals that, Amos 3:7,
"Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets." Ezekiel 3 and 33 reveals that the watchman is likened unto the prophet and the watchman's job is to give the people they watch over warning. 2 Chronicles 20:20 also reveals that "...Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”
Second, God speaks to other ministers and people as well but 1 Corinthians 13:9 teaches us that know one knows everything. That is why we know in part and prophesy in part. God made us to need each other. That is why in the 1Church1Day app we provide a way for every person to report what they see and hear. Secondly, we've formed councils and one of those councils is a prophet's council. This includes prophetic intercessors and prophets who give words, watch other prophets like Charlie, and report what they see and hear.
Third, we do 1 Corinthians 14:29 which says, let the prophets speak two or three and let the others judge. That's what we do with our councils. We determine:
- Is this the word of the Lord? Yes or no?
- Does the character of the prophet line up with God's word? Yes or no?
- If it is the word of the Lord does it have a personal application, or is the word limited to a family, a people, a local church, a city, region, state or nation or beyond?
- Does time play a factor in the word and if so how?
- How should we respond to God's word?
- Psalm 68:11 teaches us that when God gives us a word, He wants His people to proclaim it. It is how His will is enforced on earth as it is in heaven. So we determine what to proclaim.
- Is any other action required to respond to God's word besides prayer? If so, what?
What Did God Warn Us Of?
I've observed Charlie for years and found many of his prophetic words have proven accurate. This is just one more example and it contains some instruction from our Lord.