David’s Tent DC has raised an unending love-song to King Jesus since September 11, 2015 from a simple tent on the National Mall. Thousands of people and hundreds of worship teams have gathered simply around the worth of Jesus. In 2018 we began calling all fifty states to join together in procession, with each state adopting a week to staff and worship at the tent. This vision was motivated not by our logistical need for staff or worship teams, but rather by a heart to see each state bring their unique offering to Jesus from our capital city. The response was amazing, and we have made it part of our annual rhythm! Every team that comes encounters Jesus in a fresh way and absolutely loves their time in DC. And for us in DC, watching these diverse yet unified groups of passionate lovers of Jesus join in worship fills our hearts with joy and renewed faith. God is moving in America, from coast to coast! This is clearly the strategy of the Lord. Every state needs to be represented for this procession to be complete; we have a fully equipped tent on the National Mall that is already running, and we simply want to give you the keys! Our desire is to support you in any way we can as your state stands before the Lord in worship, prayer, and as a public witness to Jesus.
If you are interested in coming as staff for a week, here’s a little bit of what the logistics at the tent look like:
- The song goes on! Live worship continues non-stop, 24/7. You would be a part of keeping that going if you have worship leaders in your group.
- Legally, we must have 3 or more staff on site at all times. Your team would help fill that requirement.
- Staff divide into “watches,” generally 3 or 6 hours in length. You could take one or more watches daily, depending on the size of your group.
- Staff work as greeters/evangelists and keep the tent running and orderly. Those with musical skill help cover worship hours, and all can join in with prayer!
- In addition to the 24/7 worship, David’s Tent includes public Bible reading from Ezra’s Platform, what we hope will become the world’s longest Thankfulness List, prayer and intercession, and endless opportunities for sidewalk evangelism and ministry on the National Mall.
- We continue to book worship teams through our regular booking process. Expect to have some worship teams coming to play who are not part of the staff team, and may not even be from the state adopting that week.
Staffing at the tent is a life changing experience you will never regret! You can view the dates for your state week at davidstentdc.org.To get connected with your state coordinator, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Washington State Kathie Cassady is spearheading the push to find worship leaders for May 30th through June 5th. Click here to email Kathy directly to find out about days and times.
Click here to download local & hotel information.
Click here to download WA State's worship team schedule with Kathie's contact information.