This video highlights a war of ideas that is currently being fought in the political arena. I'll use this example to address two issues.
First, why is there so much hatred and anger?
Second, I'll show you that this war is really an ancient battle that spilled from heaven to earth. It's not really a battle between Democrats and Republicans but rather, the issues are really war for truth.
1. Why is there so much hatred and anger?
Jesus warned us about the hate. It's important to remember that Jesus is called:
- The Word of God - John 1:1 - 12
- The Truth - John 14:6
We learn in John 7:7 that the world hated Jesus because He spoke the truth. The truth revealed the evil that the world did therefore the world hated Him. Jesus goes on to warn us about the hatred that will come and why it would come.
- John 15:18-21 - “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
- John 15:22 reveals that if they hate the truth, their hatred is actually directed at God Himself. It says "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also."
The Heresy in Christendom That's a Mask for Fear
Today many in Christendom act like love means not confronting lies, sin, iniquity or abominations. They equate love with non-confrontation vice confronting the things with truth in the opposite spirit. The Bible says in 1 John 4:8 that God is love and Ephesians 4:16 teaches us that love speaks the truth.
Those who actually adhere to this philosophy of ministry of non-confrontation due so partially because that belief serves as a convenient mask for fear; the fear of being rejected, ridiculed or hated. What's the cure? Jesus! Remember, 1 John 4:8 says that God is love and in 1 John 4:18 says that "there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear...
2. The Political Realm is One of the Battle Fields Where the War Over Truth Rages
So many of the political issues are actually wars being fought over biblical truths. For example, in the Prager University video the woman speaks how she switched from pro-abortion to pro-life. Protecting the life of the innocent unborn is much more than a political issue. It is a Biblical issue! It's a war over the truth.
The origin of this war actually began in heaven. Revelation 12 describes how a war broke out in heaven where Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, that old serpent, Satan, the Devil who it says in verse 9 "deceives the whole world."
This is why the world hates Jesus and the truth. Because their hatred is actually Satan's hatred for Jesus who is also called The Word and He is called The Truth.
John 8 reveals that Satan is the father of lies and his actions are marked by deception and murder. Hence the murder of the unborn is true to his fallen nature. Revelation 12:10 reveals his go to strategy which is accusation and if we add John 8 we could say "false accusation." It is his nature. Because he hates God and has deceived the world.... well that explains the hatred we see today.
So, what ought we to do?
Jesus warned us of this time. He warned us we would be persecuted. He warned us that we would be hated. But through His word, the Bible, and by Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth, He's given us access to everything we need. Therefore we ought to:
- Watch and pray - Matthew 26:41, Mark 13:33, 14:38 and Luke 21:36
- Speak the truth in love - Ephesians 4:16
- Overcome evil with good - Romans 12:21
- Use God's word to overcome the accuser of the brethren - Revelation 12:11
- Keep yourself in God's love by praying in the Holy Spirit and save some pulling people out of the fire hating even the garment defiled by the flesh - Jude 20-22