Tank Less = Thankless
Mirriam Webster Dictionary says this about thankless. "Not likely to obtain thanks: unappreciated." It also means "not expressing or feeling gratitude; ungrateful."
The Bible reveals in Proverbs 23:7 an amazing truth. It says, "as a man thinks in his heart, so is he." So what you think, focus, meditate upon in your inner most being AFFECTS your world. For as you think, so are you.
Thankless is connected to think-less. You think less about all of the good things God has done for you and focus more upon things that ultimately rob and drain your love tank. Why do I focus on your "love tank?" It's because Galatians 5:9 reveals that faith works by love. The key to overcoming your challenges is your faith.
Thankful is the Key to Getting Your Tank Filled Up!
There are two places where people typically get input. It is their eye gate and their ear gate. So, where you place your eye gate and ear gate or who you hang around determines what goes in those gates. So you need to consider the source and where you choose to place yourself. Ultimately, it is your choice.
Thankfulness and gratitude are expressions of love too. You see, people can choose to fill others up with thanks and gratitude or they can choose not to. So, if you don't hear or see appreciation from those around you then you either need to find new friends or you need to seek to fill your love tank up some where else. You can do that by positioning yourself at a new filling station. That filling station is God and His word. His written word and His spoken word.
Where do you go to get your Thank Full?
So where do you get your tank full? I submit to you, by spending time in God's word and by spending time in His presence praying. Scripture reveals these important truths.
- Joel 2:28 - God will pour out His spirit on all flesh.
- We need to get properly aligned with five fold ministers in your life who'll do and pray and act like Paul did in Ephesians 3:14-21 where he says, "For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen"
- Here we learn that God wants us to get "filled full" that we might "full fill" our divine purpose. What's He filling us with? His love.
- Love and thankfulness are keys to peace ruling in your heart.
- Colossians 3:14-15
But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
- Colossians 3:14-15
- We need to remember who God is in relationship to us and that being thankful is the key to approaching Him.
- Psalms 100:3-5
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
- Note our gratitude should not based upon our circumstances but rather who He is.
- Psalms 100:3-5
Gratitude Was the Key for Me!
I wanted to share with you some of these things I've learned through the years. You see, I was one of my own worst enemies. I would focus on, meditate upon, dwell upon betrayal, injustice, sin, iniquity, my circumstances etc. Most of those things occurred because of my choices. Remember, as a man thinks in his heart so is he. In doing so, I put myself in a failure loop. I was ensuring my tank was not full but rather, I ended up thankless. Tank-less. Empty! Discouraged. Unmotivated.
Then I discovered, I could change who I hung around and I could choose to read God's word and spend time in His presence to discover what He thought of me. Guess what? As I did that, from the abundance of the heart the mouth spoke.
In other words, as I read and then focused on God's word, written and spoken, my thoughts began to change and so did my words. You see, MY WORDs, what I say are actually more important than what others say about me. Why? Because, what I say, frames my world just like God's word framed the world (Hebrews 11:3). He made me in His image (Genesis 1:27) so my word frames my world. Click here for Your Authority and the Power of the Spoken Word.
Preparing for 2020 Vision
So I encourage you, we have so much to be thankful for. Finish this year well. Choose to spend this last month in His word and in His presence to get your thank full. I think as you do this your find your vision will begin to clear up. I pray you experience 2020 vision in the year to come.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!