In a culture war, words are used to define the lay of the land, to establish the moral high ground, lay traps and serve as the primary weapons we fight with. The various systems of thought create strongholds, knowledge and arguments for which 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 reveal we need apostolic strategy to deal with.
For all intents and purposes the Church has been on a defensive setting and slowly retreating as revealed by encroaching demonically inspired laws. You see to the victor go the spoils. In the culture war, the victor gets to make the rules or laws.
This MUST STOP NOW! It's time to draw a line in the sand saying that is it. We will retreat no further for some of the recent laws passed by Democrats are going so far as to even advocate infanticide.
The sad thing is, according to Jerry Prevo's article "Silent About Sin" in Billy Graham Evangelistic Associations Feburary 2019 edition of Decision magazine, that "according to researcher George Barna, 90 percent of pastors recognize the Bible speaks to these issues. But, fewer than 10 percent are actually teaching what the Bible says...." The two issues he was referring to was homosexuality and abortion.
That statement certainly rings true with my last 28 years worth of experience in the ministry.
The Pulpit Has Failed to Equip the Church
Even though I've tried to set a different example through the years, I count myself among those who occupy the pulpit. I want to ask your forgiveness for our failure to equip and prepare you for this spiritual and cultural war we are in.
The primary tools of our adversary are actually pretty basic. Heresies, hypocrisies, and heretics. Here's how the world defines these issues. According to Dictionary.com:
- Heresy is an opinion or doctrine at variance with the orthodox or accepted doctrine, especially of a church or religious system.
- Hypocrisy is a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
- Heretic is a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church
What's important about these definitions? Its what we are basically taught in school and in society but, these definitions are really watered down. The Church has been ambushed and our troops are ill trained and ill equipped to fight her way out. But God gave me a dream last week. A strategy about how to turn this culture war, this spiritual war around.
God Gave me a Strategic Dream to Defeat the Ambush
Our challenge is, most of the Church is completely ill prepared for this kind of action. They do not know their spiritual weapons. They do not have their moral compass adjusted for the world's deviation. Why just weeks ago God marked my message about its time to recalibrate our moral compass with a supernatural sign and wonder; click here. Most have no idea how to work together with one team laying down covering fire while another advances. Most have no idea how to call in air support (prayer support), nor how to maintain air ([prayer) superiority.
Well that is changing now!
Equipping the Church - God's Word!
The key to winning this war is applying the wisdom and principles found in God's word. John 8:44 and John 10:10 describe well Satan's modus operandi, his method of operation which include but are not limited to murder, lies, deceit, theft, destruction, confusion, slander and false accusations.
Never forget the Church's role.
- 1 John 3:8 says that for this purpose was the Son of God manifested, to destroy the works of the devil.
- Ephesians 3:10 says that God chose through the Church He chose to show the manifold wisdom of God to principalities and powers.
Our weapons are found in Ephesians 6:12-18. The word of God, the sword of the spirit is an offensive weapons as are feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Do you know how you get peace? You win the war!
Winning this war is done with words speaking the truth. God needs people, soldiers in His army, willing to lend Him their lips and mouth to speak the truth.
Winning the Culture War Requires Winning the Spiritual War
The spiritual war I speak of begins with you. It begins with me. It begins in the soul which is at war with your spirit. The war is won by applying God's word FIRST to your own life. Hebrews 4:12 describes how God's word is quick and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword piercing to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and the joint and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intent of the heart.
In this struggle you will engage stronghold and arguments first in your own mind as it says in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. You must cast down vain imaginations and bring every thought into captivity that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
Only then will you be prepared to engage in this spiritual culture war in your society, effectively and with some authority.
So step one requires you to become proficient with your spiritual weapons, especially the word of God.
Discernment & Judgment
2 Corinthians 2:11 says, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices." Satan takes advantage of us by setting traps. He plays mind games. In fact, the Greek word translated devices is enlightening. It actually means:
- An evil thought of purpose
- a perception, i.e. purpose, or (by implication) the intellect, disposition, itself: — device, mind, thought.
The real war is fought with thoughts, systems of thinking and perceptions. That's why I said that words are used to define the lay of the land in this culture war.
What tools or strategies does Satan use to redefine the lay of the land in this culture war? He uses heresies, hypocrisy and heretics. What does the Bible say these words really mean?
- Heresies - In Galatians 5:19 you will find heresies in the company of adultery, fornications, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, murders and envy. Biblicaly, the word translated heresies here means a sect or heresy. A choice, i.e. (specially) a party or (abstractly) disunion. Olive Tree goes on to say it is the act of taking or storming a city. Or, the capture of a city. Wow, that is so much more insightful than Dictionary.com's definition. Heresies are systems of thoughts, ideas and doctrines used lie, deceive, or change people's perceptions so as to divide, isolate and enable capture.
- Hypocrisy - In 1 Timothy 4:1-2 we find this word used in Paul's warning to Timothy about what to expect in the last days. He was warning him about doctrines of demons. He says, "that in the latter times, some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy. Hypocrisy here, Biblicaly refers to the acting of a stage player. Pretending to play a part and using deceit. The term translated lies however is very insightful. The Greek word means "promulgating erroneous Christian doctrine. Once again, WOW! How much more insightful is that than the definition we find in Dictionary.com.
- Heretic - Paul says in Titus 3:10 "A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition reject. A heretic is a schismatic, factious follower of a false doctrine.
Creating a Faux Moral High-ground
The heretic is Satan's man or woman who pretend to be something they are not. They mask themselves as angels of light, false teachers, apostles, and prophets (or politicians, news anchors, teachers, etc.) They act like they portray truth, but they do not. They are hypocrites who propagate a system of thoughts and ideas which are used to undermine the truth through the skillful use of lies and deceit to change perceptions enabling them to divide and isolate peoples which makes it easier for Satan to capture them in His lies.
The heresy is used to create a faux or pseudo moral high ground. Why? Because in warfare, the high-ground gives the occupier an advantage.
Wise Generals Use the Lay of the Land to their Advantage
They understand that he who controls the language controls the lay of the land. God's generals, those apostles and prophets made for spiritual war understand how Satan creates faux moral high grounds which gives his troops and advantage. For example:
- The word homophobia did not exist until 1969. It was a word made up of homo (man) and phobia (fear) to be used to accuse the opposition of homosexuality of unsubstantiated fear click here. Fear that goes way beyond the bounds of normal. At least, that is the perception this term is used to create. It's use was primarily in the religious, family and government spheres of the culture war.
- Islamaphobia was a word not in use until 1995. Same concept and intent. It's proven very useful for the Muslim's cultural jihad.
When the terms are leveled at someone its to put them on the defense, paint the user of the term as the victim so as to gain sympathy from the masses of public opinion. But the truth is the fear is not unwarranted. Did you know that:
- The Center for Disease Control in 2010 published a report stating that those who practice the sexual acts practiced in a homosexual relationship were 300% in greater danger of getting a sexually transmitted disease, died 20 years earlier and had a suicide rate of 2.5x the population.
- The word of God clearly addresses this practice in Leviticus 18, 20, and Romans 1 just to name a few places. God's warning is because it is like playing with fire. If you play with fire you will get burned. The CDC results would seem to verify that and I'm not even addressing the eternal consequences.
- The Religion of Peace has tracked all terrorist attacks in the world since 9/11. Of the 34,544 they are reporting today, 99% of those attacks have been carried out by Muslim's. While not all Muslim's practice radical terrorism, the roughly 20% that do account for about 240 million threats out of the 1.2 billion Muslims.
- Not to mention that the very tenets of Islam fit the very definition of an antichrist spirit. It says so in 1 John 2 where John is describing deceptions in the last days.
Pseudo or faux moral high grounds, strongholds if you will, must be torn down. This requires a people armed with truth and infused with God's love. I'm not talking about the immature love so much of the body of Christ has preached. I am talking about mature love, agape love which I wrote about in Immature vs. Mature Love in the Culture War. Mature love meets falsehoods and lies by speaking the truth..... in love. Ephesians 4:15.
So what can we do?
Like I said, God showed me in a dream it was time to go on the offense. Therefore, this is how I can help you get equipped.
- Hebrews 6 Foundations - Get grounded in God's word. Learn to use the word of God on defense, offense and learn all 6 major foundations God says every disciple ought to have to mature.
- Take your place on the wall of prayer. Order Build the Wall. It is a 52 day plan to help you build the wall of prayer in your family, church and city. This is an important defensive measure.
- Get on the line and go on the offense in 1Church1Day. Download the app, stand watch, pray the decrees, prayer the alerts that are sent out daily.
- Join us on our weekly The Call to Pray for our Nation. Click here for details.
One of my favorite quotes from my navy days comes from John Paul Jones who said this. "Give me a fast ship for I intend to take her in harms way."
My friends, KLI is the ship and I'm taking her in harms way. We are engaging the adversary.
This is my recruiting call in the spirit. Is Christ calling you to join with us?