1. My Personal Opinion Does Not Matter
The only one whose opinion matters is God's truth compared to your opinion. Why? Because one day each one of us will stand alone before Him to give an account of our life (Revelation 20:11). Jesus said in Matthew 12:36-37 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." In John 12:47-48 7 He says, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day ."
Our words will be compared to God's words. He spoke first! Therefore, it is up to us to compare our words and actions with His word. Bottom line, you and I have to judge. Do we choose to abide by and honor His word? Or, will we choose to ignore His word.
2. God is the Creator of the Universe
God knows how everything works. He is the Creator. The Bible He gave us is His operator's manual. It describes how everything works and it describes the consequences for trying to operate life outside its design parameters. In fact, there are actions which if taken can void the warranty if you know what I mean. The cool thing is, if you choose to change your mind you, or repent, then you can also reinstate the eternal warranty. Bottom line, God knows how the world works. He designed it. Not me nor you!
There is truth and then there is everything else which is not the truth. Anyone espousing "my truth" is only accurate if their thought, is based upon and or aligned with "the Truth." John 14:6 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. Sounds pretty narrow minded don't you think? I submit it is and that is why He says in Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Again, I will reiterate, my opinion does not matter one bit here. If you are offended, then you are offended with God Himself. These are His words! I just happen to know what His word says and want to share it because I want to see you blessed. I don't want to see anyone suffer. I want to see people set free and delivered from evil. I want to see an abundance of people enjoy not only eternal life in the time to come but also a miraculous life now.
4. Did you know the Bible warned us about the racism issue?
Jesus said in Matthew 24:4-14 4 ...."Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
I have underlined some of the signs of the times for context and bolded "nation will rise against nation." The Greek word translated nation is "ethnos." It means people group. In other words a people group will rise up again a people group accompanied by deception and lawlessness. Here are some related articles.
- The Source of the Psychotic Riots - (when our love grows cold)
- Immature verses Mature Love in the Culture War
- Lawlessness, Lies & the Political Fire Reveal the Church's Weakness
In the same portion of the scripture the Church is given an assignment. That is to preach the gospel of the kingdom. The gospel of the kingdom is far more than a gospel of eternal salvation. Eternal salvation is a very important part of the gospel of the kingdom, but it is still only a part.
5. The Racism Issue of This Day is Part of an Ancient War that Spilled from Heaven to Earth
Revelation 12 reveals how a war between the Devil called Satan and God broke out and Satan was cast to earth. It says that because he knows his time is short, he has great wrath. It also reveals in Revelation 12:17 17 that ..."the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." The name devil comes from the Greek word diablos and means false accuser and slander. So guess what his modus operandi is? False accusation and slander!
Whether you like it or not, we are at war. A spiritual war. The issue at hand are the souls of men and women and their eternal destiny in heaven or in hell. Satan loves to put people through a living hell in advance just as God would love people to experience a taste of heaven before we transition into eternity. Bottom line, the choice is ours.
6. The War of Words in our Mind Field
This spiritual war is fought in our minds therefore words are extremely important. This is a war where the prize is hearts and minds. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 3 says ,"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."
The goal is to align our thoughts with God's thinking. In the culture war he who controls the language controls the lay of the land. Wise generals know how to strategically use the feature of the land to their advantage in war. Occupying the high ground provides an advantage and one of the ways our adversary the Devil seeks to give his children an advantage it to introduce an alternative view that is contrary to truth. Why? Because if they can reframe the issue, then they can create a false or a faux moral high ground. For more information about this visit How the Enemy Creates a Faux Moral High Ground. For a current example of what I mean visit "Toxic Masculinity and the Culture War Against Men."
7. Solving Problems Requires Dealing with Truth and Getting to the Root!
Jesus taught us how to discern a false prophet in Matthew 7:15-10. He tells us to examine the fruit. In other words, what is produced. The following scriptures will help us discern between God's ways and Satan's ways or heaven and hell.
- Satan loves to take advantage of people and here what his influence looks like.
- Jesus said in John 8:43-44 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
- John 10:10 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- Galatians 5:19-23 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- James 3:14-18 4 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- So to summarize, when you see murder, lies, deception, destruction, stealing, looting, rioting, hatred, contentions, jealousy, dissensions, heresys, drunkeness, envy, self seeking, demonic confusion, you'll find its roots go all the way back to Satan.
Applying ancient wisdom applied to a modern problem requires knowing what the scripture says. Only when you know what the scripture says can you hold your experience or situation up to compare it with God's word in order to glean wisdom.
Sadly I have found so few that even read God's word much let actually know it. Yet they claim to be Christian. Christian also means Christ like. To discover what Christ is like requires daily prayer and daily reading God's word. A recent Barna pole revealed that only 11% of even read through the Bible once. It's no wonder the Church has become so irrelevant and powerless. But I believe that is changing. There is a remnant Church arising in this time to address the issues at hand.
This was part one. Watch for the second installment soon where I will delve into more scriptures that could be applied to the current race issues in America.