Why? Because Christian , according to Websters Dictionary, refers to one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ. So they carry the title but their beliefs and practices are so far removed from Christ's teachings. Why? It's because they don't even know what the Lord said. A recent Barna poll revealed that only 11% of those who claim to be Christian have even read the Bible through one time.
Most people who claim to be Christian haven't even read the Bible much less studied it to know what it says. Therefore they are easily deceived. For example, it seems like everyone in the world knows Matthew 7:1 which says, "Judge not, that you be not judged.
One Ignorant Accusation Caused Many a Christian to Retreat
This one ignorant accusation on the lips of most anyone has caused many a Christian to retreat from engaging in the most important cultural issues of the day. I say 'ignorant accusation' because people are ignorant of God's word. For example they don't know that the Bible says:
- Jesus was preaching a message that started in Matthew 5 and He was in a flow. They don't know that in Matthew 6:1 -4 that He says, don't do your charitable deeds like the hypocrites, in Matthew 6:5 He says, don't pray like the hypocrites, and in Matthew 6:16 He says, don't fast like the hypocrites so that when He got to Matthew 7:1 it was understood He meant, don't judge like the hypcrites for by verse 15 He is teaching us how to judge false prophets.
- 1 Corinthians 2:15 says, "But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one."
- The spiritual person judges all things. Things are words and actions. They do not judge people because that's God's job.
- How do you judge words and actions? You compare them to God's word. By doing that you can learn to discern both good and evil. For example, James 3:13-18 says, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace."
- 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?
- Jesus said in John 12:47-48 7, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. "
- How will we be judged? Again, Jesus says in Matthew 12:35-37 5, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Bottomline, you choose to believe God's word or you choose NOT to believe it. Your choice will be revealed by your testimony. Our own words will judge us. They will be compared to God's word and God's word has already decided what will occur.
For example, each one of us will stand alone before the judgment seat of Christ. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5:10-11, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences."
My friends, there are eternal consequences for our decisions today. You can choose to be ignorant and suffer the consequences for your decision. Or, you can choose to be wise and recognize that your choices now could lead to an eternity of reward.
Revelation 22:12-15 2 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
Are You Practicing a Lie?
If you are one of those Christian's who've been backed out of the arena of culture due to Matthew 7:1 then you are practicing a lie. This is why the devil has had free reign to enact laws, policies and cultural norms based upon lies that kill, steal, destroy, sow discord, oppress, enslave and put a people into bondage. That's hell on earth and that my friends is Satan's plan.
It is time for the real Church to arise. The real Church is the solution. The real Church loves, knows and practices God's word which in turn will release the wisdom of heaven.
So I am going to help you by addressing some current sayings, thoughts, ideas, laws or policies by comparing those thoughts with God's word. In this process Satan's plans, false prophets, doctrines of demons and his snares will be exposed, one lie at a time.
What kind of the topics I will address in future articles?
I will address Satan's work using:
- History of the issue and organizations such as the Republican Party, the Democrat Party, Planned Parenthood, BLM and ANTIFA
- Guilt, unforgiveness, a root of bitterness
- Deception, twisting the truth or lying
- Facts which are ignored
- Feelings which are easily manipulated