You see, God is faithful. There is an eternal reward and there is also a concept in scripture wherein we want to see fruit and fruit that remains. It's like a seed of a plant that when full grown continues to bear fruit time and again. That's what we have here in India and Myanmar.
I want everyone who has partnered with us to recognize that you've invested wisely into a kingdom endeavor that is producing long term results. You know, it is one thing to present a vision but it is quite another to see a strategy employed that leads to long term proven transformational results that is affecting the destiny of a nation. For years we've stewarded a corporate strategy modeled after what King David did on Mount Zion in the Tabernacle of David. This trip was especially satisfying as we saw some of the long term fruit being produced in two of some of the most persecuted nations on the planet. Open Doors listed India as the 10th worst and Myanmar as number 18 on the list of the top twenty nations.
A young minister named Kawl in Myanmar found me in 2006. When we first started working with him we had to use an alias as his nation was still under control of a military junta at the time. Our training equipped him to help ministers from seven denominations to work together to fulfill a 20 year vision. They began using ORT (1Church1Day) in 2008 and by 2010 it led to their acquisition of a mountain which became home to MT Horeb Prayer Center. By 2011 the government began to change and that liberty led to us being able to visit them in 2013.
Now this is where it gets really exciting.
One of the things we heard was that Christians would not go into government/politics because only the Burmese served there and they were typically corrupt. They expected bribes. When we shared the vision for Christians going into business we heard they typically did not want to do that for if you were a businessman you were typically involved in the drug trade.
Now, we'd not been there in 6 years but God's word worked powerfully in and through His praying people. Holy Spirit exceeded my expectation. Here's what we found.
- The atmosphere in the city of Kalaymyo was different. It was calmer, more orderly and cleaner that what we remembered.
- Then we found out how the community was being improved, roads repaired etc.
- Then we discovered that Christians had been going into business and in fact, there were more than 10 new hotels of which 80% were owned by Christians. This is a huge turn around.
- On the plane I sat next to a woman who's family legacy came from serving in the government of Burma/Myanmar.n They were Burmese but in the 70's they received Christ. Due to persecution her family sent her abroad for many years where she severed as a missionary for YWAM for 13 years and then she attended Regent University. Her major! Leadership and government. She had a call into government and I discovered how that in the last few years:
- The Christian population grew by 50%. They went from 4% of the population to 6%.
- The new vice-president in Myanmar was a Christian. In fact, he is a Christian from the very tribe who we'd helped establish MT Horeb Prayer Center.
- We met the village chief of Hakalay which lies at the base of MT Horeb. He is a believer to. The prayer center is now going on 10 years old and the structure is in need of replacement and the village chief is heading up that restoration for the prayer center.
I've now been to over 30 nations in my life time. I've never had as much difficulty getting into a nation as I have Myanmar. We faced more battles getting in this time and it became very costly. In fact, we almost did not make it in this time due to a visa issue but praise God, He helped us.
What I do not have time to report is all the amazing ways God touched and ministered to the people. I could share about getting to water baptism about 12 orphans, or how we saw God immediately heal Kawl's motherinlaw or how the village chief invited us to his home to have us pray for his motherinlaw. I could share about the impact your offerings had upon the children as they all got the shoes that grown or how we were able to help them with two computers, a flat screen TV and a DVD player which they'll use for their education. Or I could share about the number of young people we saw joining the elderly to pray in the prayer center.
Truly God is on the move in that nation and He's far exceeded my expectation. It's because of the real Church in Myanmar who is passionately pursuing His presence in prayer and then responding to His leading.
This my friends, is some of the long term fruit accruing to the accounts of those who have partnered with us through the years.
Here's some of the pics and videos from our trip. I've already highlighted in a June 2019 article about some of the long term fruit in India in 'Proof! 1Church1Day in India Reveals History is in the Hands of the Connected Praying Church." The article highlights how Church history is being made in Andhra Pradesh as the Christian population has more than doubled and the first politician has won an election at the state level through a Christian party.
The young leader I've mentored who heads up the India Prayer League there has a brother. His name is Asholk and he's become his district's representative for that Christian party. So the India Prayer League is getting excellent spiritual intel to help them pray and impact their culture.
There is an Eternal Reward
There is so much more to tell, but for now, I just wanted you to know we are back and I wanted to encourage everyone who has partnered with us financially and through prayer. Your efforts, our efforts are producing fruit that remains and it keeps on reproducing.
1 Corinthians 3:14
If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”