While they may not use those terms exactly, their policies, positions, rhetoric and people they promote scream that. Yet, many people who claim to be Christians vote for them. Some are in blind ignorance while for others its an unholy alliance initiated by those whose greed or lust for power blind them to God's word.
Ministers & the Fear of Man
I've had the opportunity over the last 27 years of ministry to interact with some prominent national and international ministers. I've been shocked at times at what I've seen or heard behind the scenes. I'm shocked because my moral compass is set by God's word and I marvel sometimes at how far their words and actions veer from God's word.
I can extend mercy and grace towards the every day Christian who may act in ignorance, but I have no patience for ones who consider themselves ministers of the gospel. They know better. As minsters, James 3 makes it clear, we are held to a higher standard.
I can't tell you how many times over the years I've heard a pastor make a statement like this; "Well, we have both Democrats and Republicans in our congregation so we don't talk about politics." Do you know what the real motive is behind that feigned since of wisdom? It is fear. It is the fear of conflict. It is the fear they might not be liked if the present the truth. It is the fear that people will leave and that means they'll take their money to.
So let me ask you a question?
Why Tim, I'm glad you asked! What follows specifically applies to those who call themselves Christians. We had better pay attention because it has temporal and eternal consequences which everyone will experience whether you believe God's word or not.
For Those Who Call Yourself Christian
Christian means "Christ-like." How do we know what Christ is like? Two ways! First through God's word and secondly through a daily prayer relationship with the Creator of the Universe. God's word teaches us about the eternal judgment and how every single person will stand before God Himself and give an account of how we stewarded our life. That's how rewards are determined in eternity. To learn about the doctrine of the eternal judgment click to get Hebrews 6 Foundations.
- Amos 3:3 says, "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?"
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 says, "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.”
- Paul in Titus 1 lists the qualifications and duties of elders (ministers). He challenges them to confront insubordinate, idle talkers and deceivers. Then he says in Titus 1:16 "They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work."
The Demoncrat Party
Now why on earth would I call the Democrat Party the Demoncrat Party? It is because of what Paul warned in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 where he says, " Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron..."
Demons come from a Greek word that basically means an extension of the Devil. Devil comes from the Greek word diablos and literally means slanderer or false accuser. Bottom line, demons lie and deceive. They hate the truth.
Doctrine means teaching or instruction. Satan uses people and organizations to communicate lies and deceit.
Modern Doctrines of Demons
Let me give you an example of a doctrine of demons. Those who advocate for abortion call babies in the womb a fetus.
Here are some facts.
- Fetus is a word that was not introduced until the 14th Century according to Merriam Webster Dictionary
- Psalm 139:14-17 and Jeremiah 1:5 make it clear, very clear, that humans are created at conception.
- Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
- Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you;
- Leviticus 18:21, Leviticus 20:2 and 2 Chronicles 33:5 condemn children being sacrificed.
- Exodus 20:13 and Matthew 5:21 teach us not to murder the innocent.
Planned Parenthood is an organization strongly supported and defended by the Democratic Party. It was founded by Margret Sanger who fought to legalize the murder of the unborn through abortion. At one time she called it the Negro Project (click - Amazon book - The Negro Project; Margaret Sanger's Diabolical, Duplicitous, Dangerous and Deadly Plan for Black America - guess which race she wanted exterminated?) was part of the genesis of what became Planned Parenthood. The truth is, Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with parenting and every thing to do with avoiding the consequences of sex outside of marriage (Leviticus 18). I call it Planned Murderhood for that is what it is. Click here for Dr. Alveda King's (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's niece) view of Margaret Sanger's organization and methods.
If you call yourself a Christian and support, vote for policies and politicians that defend and advocate for abortion and Planned Parenthood then you support the murder of the most innocent. You have partnered with a doctrine of a demon. You profess to know God but you deny Him through your works and actions.
Another modern day doctrine of demons has to do with redefining marriage (Matthew 19:4) as God and His word defined it. Another doctrine of demon has to do with gender identity offering something other than male or female (Genesis 1:26-27) and promoting lifestyles and sexual practices which destroy lives (Leviticus 18 & Romans 1).
Demoncrat Platform vs Republican Platform
Now let me be clear. When I first had the opportunity to vote I registered as a Democrat because that is who my parents were registered as. It was around the same time I accepted Christ and shortly I switched to the Republican Party in the first election I got to vote for a president. I stayed in that party for decades because of the platform. When the leaders of the Republican Party began to made policy decisions like Democrats (ie. RINOs - Republicans in Name Only) I left that party because the platform was good but the leadership was not.
I am independent now. I view the issues and candidates and make decisions based upon where I see God's truth or His values represented. Here's a comparison of both parties and I've highlighted some of the issues the Bible clearly addresses.
- Pro-Death (murder/abortion) & Pro-Life were addressed in detail first as an example.
- Defense or support of Israel - Genesis 12:1-3
- Biblical marriage - Genesis 2:24, Leviticus 18:6-25, Matthew 19:4
- Freedom of religion & speech - Ephesians 4:16, John 8:32 - 36, 2 Corinthians 11:7 & Galatians 5:1, 1 Peter 2:16
- National Borders - Acts 17:26, Proverbs 22:8 and Numbers 34
- Honor Laws and law enforcement - Romans 13:1-7, Romans 7:12, 1 Timothy 1:8 & lawlessness is the sign of Satan 2 Thessalonians 2:7
- Debt - Romans 13:8, Psalm 37:21, Deuteronomy 15:6 & Proverbs 22:7
Each platform espouses a belief. They teach their doctrine. A demonic teaching will be contrary to the truth of God's word. When I compare issues to God's word, I find the Democrat Party opposes the truth of God's word on virtually every moral issue. It's not Christ like at all. In fact, the spirit behind those policies is actually antichrist (Satan/Devil).
When I look at the fruit of the Democrat Party I also see they also sponsor violent groups like Antifa and even founded the KKK. They have a history of anarchy, violence, lawlessness, attacking law enforcement and twisting the truth. Why do I say that?
- History.com - KKK Founded in 1865
- ANTIFA stands for Antifascists whom anyone with a modicum of intelligence and conscience can look up the history of one of the worst fascists in history, Hitler, and find that they act like his Brownshirts who later were called Storm Troopers.
- Examples and comparison: Click for Antifa protesters change outside Tucker Carlson's home. Or click here for Political Violence Goes from Coast to Coast , click here for Antifa - the New Nazis and click here for Hitler's Bullyboys: the Role of the SA in Nazi Germany.
It's a modern expression of 2 Thessalonians 2:7-10 which says;
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved."
I could go on and highlight the character and practice of habitually using lies and deceit (ie. Confirmation hearings for Justice Kavanaugh, Hillary's email scandal, the selling of Obamacare etc.) which John 8:40-45 along with John 10:10 highlight the character and practices of Satan's children. Matthew 7:15-20 admonishes us to judge the behavior of prophets (ministers/leaders) by their character.
That is why I call it the Demoncrat Party.
Republicans Don't Get a Pass Though
The issue is NOT which side are you on! The issue is, where is God's side? Where does He stand on an issue? That's where I want to be.
So, in no way do we give Republican leaders a pass. On the contrary we hold them as accountable just like I/we recently condemned the Republicans who ran on the campaign promise to defund Planned Parenthood and then in August 2018 failed to do so. 1 Corinthians 2:15 teaches us that a spiritual person is called to judge all things. Things include words and actions. How are these judged? The words and actions are held up to the standard of God's word.
That is how I can sometimes agree with the statement or action of a Democrat and sometimes oppose the Republican. It is when their words or actions are contrary to God's word. That's when I choose to stand with our Lord.
That is why I say the policy platform of the Republicans are much more in line with God's word and the character standards seem to be higher. Matthew 7:15-20 teaches us to judge prophets by their fruit. That's words and actions. We can apply the same principles to leaders and organizations. Are Republican's perfect? No! But as a general whole, they tend to hold a higher standard for truth, character, integrity, and they honor the Constitution and our laws. Historically you will find:
Imposed & defended slavery
Enacted Jim Crowe laws forcing racial segregation
Founded the KKK
Opposed women's right to vote
Introduces, defends and funds abortion
Freed the slaves - 1st President Lincoln
Enacted 15th Amendment giving blacks the right to vote
Enacted 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote
Opposes abortion and funding of it
History of defending freedom for all
History Lesson provided by Carol Swain
Professor of Political Science at Vanderbilt University
James 2:18 says;
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
Is there enough evidence to convict you as a Christian?
If you call yourself a Christian, will there be enough evidence to convict you of that? Do your actions and decisions in the electoral process honor God and His word or oppose it? Is your life any different from those in the world? Do you join in the violence, lawlessness, slander and lies or do you advocate for life, truth, peace and civil dialogue? Do you suffer any persecution to speaking the truth or taking a righteous stand? Jesus did! In fact, He said that is why they hated him. It was because He spoke the truth (John 15:18-25).
In 2nd Timothy 3 Paul warns Timothy about the people we'll encounter in the last days and then he admonishes him to confront them with God's word. It is in this context he says in verses 12 & 13:
"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."
Godly people will be persecuted. The persecution will come from those who are deceived and they will hate you because of the truth.
So here are two things to consider which I hope will provoke you to act if you consider yourself a Christian and a Democrat.
- There is an eternal judgment for which we will all give an account.
- Leviticus 18, & 20, Deuteronomy 28, Leviticus 26, Romans 13 and other scriptures teach us there are eternal spiritual laws at work in our world today. Political leaders can enact policies and laws contrary to God's word that invite the consequences described in the scriptures above. These consequences do not wait for eternity but lead to destructive consequences for the inhabitants of a nation. Do you want to make decisions that bless your family and nation or curse them?
Repent & Be Converted
Many, like myself, became Democrats because that was the party of our parents. We did so out of ignorance. If you have read this article, you can no longer plead ignorance. You have a decision to make. With that in mind I echo God's word in 1 Corinthians 6:17;
"...Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord."
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
My encouragement is to check out the word of God. Look at the scriptures yourself. Examine the issues to. Pray and obey for when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ, we will each stand alone. I pray you make a decision which will reward you in eternity and bless you, your family, your state and your nation now.