The question is, what's your motive? What is their motive? How does a Christian determine what to pray and how to act? How do you navigate this life so that you reach the destiny God planned for you so that you may hear these glorious words, "Well done you good and faithful servant.... enter in to the joy of the Lord. (Matt. 25:23)"
The key is to filter every situation through the lens of scripture recognizing that our moral compass struggles with the the same thing a real compass struggles with. It's called deviation. Deviation is introduced through the magnetic attraction from this world and it introduces error. We can correct for that error once the true is known.
Each person't moral compass is impacted by the attraction of this world as well. Deviation is determined by comparing a situation in this world with the truth and determining how far off it is. Then we know how much correction must be introduced to ensure our moral compass is calibrated and points to the truth. We do this by holding up a situation, an action or a motive and looking at it through the corrective lens of scripture.
If we fail to correct deviation our moral compass will point us the wrong way. We will think we are doing the right thing, and going the right way but we'll be disappointed and frustrated. We won't reach our goals. We will end up in places we did not plan to go because our compass is in error. It's off. Not only will it impact this life but we may miss out on reaching our eternal home in heaven if we do not re-calibrate our moral compass with the Truth.
It is important to remember that:
- In every sphere of society such as media/entertainment, government, business ect. that there is a war that is being waged. It's heavenly battle that spilled from heaven to earth as Michael and his angels cast Satan and his demons out of heaven. (Rev. 12:7-12)
- Revelation 12:17 reveals.... "he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
- The issue at hand are the souls of men and women and their eternal destiny in heaven or in hell.
- The nature of God. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life! It is impossible for God to lie and God is love and demonstrated that through Jesus sacrifice on the cross. (John 14:6, Heb 6:18, 1 John 4:8, Rom 5:8)
- Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. He is the father of liars, murderers and deceivers. (John 10:10 & John 8:40-45)
- A spiritual man or woman is called by God to judge all things (1 Cor. 2:15)
- We will recognize a false minister by their fruit/character (Matt 7:15-20, Gal. 5:19-23
With these things in mind we are prepared to look at the current situation in this world concerning the mid-term elections and the migrants from Central America and other countries heading towards US southern border? Remember that:
- Media competes for ratings
- Politicians compete for power
- Businesses compete for customers
- etc.... and they are competing for your time, attention and money!
Does the Bible shed any light on how to respond to these situations?
History is in the Hands of the Intercessors
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land
- God's Church is responsible for Ephesians 3:10 says "to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,"
- Amos 3:7-8 Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. A lion has roared! Who will not fear? The Lord God has spoken! Who can but prophesy?
- As God gives His word it is our responsibility to pray and proclaim His word as Psalm 68:11 says "The Lord gave the word; Great was the company of those who proclaimed it:"
How do we determine what to pray when there are so many conflicting voices?
First, it is important to remember that Revelation speaks of an apostate Church, 2 Corinthians 11 warns of false apostles who turn themselves into angels of light. The Bible goes on to warn about false teachers and prophets to. Jude 16-19 describes them as apostates who are driven by their own lusts and seek to gain an advantage. They are sensual and cause divisions.
Second, it is important to remember that God distributed His heart into 5 gifts described in Ephesians 4:11, apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher. Each one imparts part of God's heart and we only get the whole counsel by combining each of their views as we look at an issue.
Migrants, the Border & the 5 Fold Ministry
For example, as we look at this migrant caravan heading towards the border due to coincide with the election, the gifts with strong mercy and compassion motives such as the evangelists and pastors will see the people through the lens God gave them. The pastor imparts God's love for the family of God while the evangelists imparts God's love for the lost. Their emphasis will focus primarily upon the people.
The teaching gift imparts God's love for the Word of God and will think of all the scriptures that deal with the issue such as:
- Psalm 74:17 You have set all the borders of the earth...
- Acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
- Deuteronomy 19:14 “You shall not remove your neighbor's landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess.
- The term border, borders or boundaries are used 180+ times in scripture. It's an eternal truth.
- Heaven has walls, gates and strict prerequisites for entry into the eternal city.
- Revelation 19-21
- Jesus taught us to pray, on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10
- Compassion and mercy are not at odds with justice and truth. In fact, they rely on them.
- Proverbs 6:30-31 People do not despise a thief If he steals to satisfy himself when he is starving. Yet when he is found, he must restore sevenfold; He may have to give up all the substance of his house
- Psalm 85:10 Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed.
The prophets main focus is on the Lord. Whereas the logos is the Greek word used in Bible to refer to the written word which the teacher loves, rhema is the Greek word used to describe the spoken word. It is a now word and that is what the prophet carries. Its a love for God's spoken word. God's spoken word often reveals His will within a specific context which could include a person, a people, a nation, a location or an event. The prophets carry God's heart so to speak and typically see black and white, right and wrong, justice and truth. This is one of the reasons why you will find God sending prophets to speak to or confront government leaders all though out scripture (ie. Moses, Samuel, Gad, Elijah, Elisha and John the Baptist provide a few examples).
Justice Yields Mercy and Judgment
You see mercy requires justice. For example, when God delivered the children of Israel out of Egypt, God made one decision. If you were the Israelites that decision looked like mercy where as the Egyptians saw God's decision as judgment. Justice renders judgment for the oppressor and mercy for the oppressed.
The apostle carries a love for the wisdom of God and God's heart for a person, a people or a nation's destiny. It's about connecting and mobilizing the Church to project power to enforce the will of King Jesus because they know that:
- Ephesians 3:10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
- Matthew 21:13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’...
- John 17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
- Psalm 68:11 The Lord gave the word; Great was the company of those who proclaimed it:
- Isaiah 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- The army of God will overcome Satan and his fallen angels through Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death."
Faith Without Works is Dead
It's the job of the house of prayer to proclaim God's word and His will concerning each situation. At the same time the apostle remembers that faith without works is dead (James 2:20) and then consults those same gifts I've already described to discover not only what to pray but also, what do we do to put our faith into action with wisdom based upon God's love.
The apostle is also made for government and is therefore keen to issues of civil government as well. He/she remembers Romans 13:1 which says this of civil government. " Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."
Satan's Modus Operandi - Lies & Lawlessness
John 10:10 and John 8:40-45 describe how Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. He traffics in lies, rebellion, deception, accusation, slander and deceit. He is the father of liars and murders. He won't hesitate to use manipulation, control, guilt, nor any other deceitful lying tactic to advance his evil agenda.
Therefore, we are watch for the signs of character (Matthew 7:15-20). That's how we determine the true from the false. Satan takes advantage of people. James 3:13-4:4 reveals how Satan takes advantage of the war that begins in a person's soul.
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God?
Note the following:
- Who helped fund this mass exodus? It's required organization, administration, supplies transportation etc. This requires funding and makes this planned and not spontaneous. Click for Intercessors for America's post about Soros $500 million & article published 7 months ago about Soro's plan to fund Immigrant Caravans
- Sorros opposes everything Israel, Christian and freedom and seeks to fund violence (ie. Antifa groups) which are examples of the lawlessness the antichrist spirit operates in.
- Lawlessness is a characteristic of Satan
- This crisis is scheduled to coincide with an election
- Satan uses deceit and the best deceptions include some truth. The more the better.
- The antichrist spirit works through Islam as well. Recently 100 ISIS were arrested in Guatemala click here. Terrorists have used this strategy of infiltrating a nation in order to pre-deploy its personnel who'll later launch terrorists attacks as they did in Europe. I noted on Judicial watch that there were people from India as well as China who'd join the group.
- Bottom line, the rich and powerful with a geopolitical agenda seek to take advantage and use people for their purpose. It's like terrorists who'll endanger women and children putting them at the head of an attack hoping to capture film footage of authorities catching the innocent in a crossfire.
- Many in this group I am sure are innocent. But evil people are taking advantage of them and care about them just like Sorros and the Left cared about Dr. Ford and the Justice Kavanaugh accusations. The moment she was no longer useful they dropped her like a hot potato.
How Should the Church Respond?
Discover God's will by consulting God's gifts, seeking God's wisdom through them, and looking at the words, and situation through the filter of God's written word. I submit the following.
- Pray God's will and proclaim His word
- God chose Trump to implement His agenda
- Borders and laws are to be honored and a nations' citizenry protected. We can understand why the poor may break the law but the scripture is clear, justice requires accountability for breaking laws.
- Pray protection and wisdom for this administration and for law enforcement - 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- Pray for the exposure of truth and justice. Pray the enemy is ensnared in his own trap (Psalm 35) and that the Angel of the Lord would pursue him.
- Pray for veils to be lifted off the hearts of men and women 1 Corinthians 3-4 that they night know the Truth for the truth will make them free. (John 8:32)
- Pray God give His Church wisdom as to how to minister salvation and deliverance to citizens, immigrants and law enforcement. Give us the wisdom of Daniel, the courage of Elijah and the heart of King David to know how to respond in such a way that honors our Lord Jesus Christ and advances His agenda above all.
- Put your faith in action with wisdom based upon the love of God.
- Vote! This is really all about the demonic overturning an election. Vote for candidates that display more of the character we see highlighted in scripture who'll love this nation, be truthful and govern justly honoring the Constitution.
- Pray for truth to reign and lies to fail.
- Speak the truth in love
- Pray for the Church to rise up with courage, pray and act with a view to the Day of the Lord in mind.
I leave you with Jude 1:21-23.
keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.