In this dream I was a young man of college age. Immediately I knew the context of the prayer. I had sex with a woman who got an abortion. Today, we usually focus on the women who have an abortion. But, in this dream God's spotlight was on the man.
I felt the weight of sin as I realized that I'd participated in a murder. Words fail to capture the heavy guilt I felt as I remembered Revelation 21:6-8:
And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
In the dream, I fully realized the gravity of my sin and the hopelessness of my situation. I was a co-conspirator in a murder. I was guilty. I had not only participated in sex outside of marriage but I had also chosen to believe and propagate the lies such as:
- It's a fetus not a baby. I had chosen to be ignorant and blind to the child whose destiny I had robbed. I was a murderer.
- I had believed and perpetrated this lie. I was a liar.
- I had chosen to believe the lie for a few moments of pleasure with no thought of the ramifications for the child nor the woman whom I had sex with. Women who have an often suffer with PTSD. I was selfish.
- Even knowing deep down what the truth was, I choose to ignore God's word and the eternal consequences for a few moments of personal pleasure. I was an unbeliever for as long as I needed to be so as to shut down and cut off the conviction of Holy Spirit.
- It's her responsibility because it is her body. First, it is not her body, there are two hearts, four kidneys, four lungs, etc. because it is actually two bodies. Second, it is not a disease but rather an act of intimacy which we know can produce a baby. In acquiescing to the abortion I had abdicated my responsibility as a father.
If You Are or Were That Man
If you are or were that man and have experienced the weight of the sin of unbelief, sexual immorality, lying and or murder; there is a way to have the guilt and sin removed and change the location of your eternal destiny. If you are or were that man and you fear the "lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death," there is another place to spend eternity.
This is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Jesus Christ is the only one whose love is so deep and His life so pure that His blood has the power to lift any weight of sin off you for eternity.
The scripture says:
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Receive Forgiveness & Go and Sin No More
When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
Pray and Obey
Those who have committed these sins can enjoy the blood Jesus shed upon the cross washing away all your sins. Here's the truth. It is so simple, we can miss the true power and joy that comes from being forgiven. It is so powerful, that it can lift the weight of any guilt or condemnation you, others or the devil himself may heap upon you. In fact, there is no power in heaven nor in earth that can separate you from the love of God.
His love and His blood removes the sin which separates mankind from an eternity with our God. All it takes is your decision to confess anything the Bible calls sin, repent and ask forgiveness. All repentance means is to change you mind. As our minds are changed so should our actions.
Here are some actions which I'd expect to follow genuine repentance. Please note, we can't work our way to heaven. On the other hand, James 2 is very clear and that is that actions will follow faith as faith without works is no faith at all. A repentant heart will lead to a change of behavior which should include things like:
- Tell someone about what you just did. If you don't have anyone to tell, tell us. Use the Contact form.
- Don't habitually practice those things the Bible calls sin, iniquity or abominations. Like Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery, "neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more."
- Developing a relationship with God through:
- Daily reading His word, prayer, fellowship and more. Click here for KLI's free Bootcamp which introduces a new believer to all the fundamentals every believer needs in their walk with Jesus.
- Pray and obey the Lord's leading. He may choose to have you go to the person you sinned with or against and have you ask their forgiveness as well.