Leaven is a rising agent. It rises and sets when heat is applied. The question is, when the fire comes, when trials come, what rises out of you? The leaven of heaven or..... the leaven of this world, the Pharisees or of Herod?
Discover how to get the leaven of heaven inside of you! Click read more below if you would like the notes.
Prov 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
Note flow – what is in the field, what is in the bread & what is hidden in the ground? Luke 17:21 ….kingdom of God is within you…..
Matt 13:33 Another parable He spoke to them: “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.”
(1 Thess 5:23) provided insight into the 3 measures….. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. God wants to transform our mind, our body and our spirit. Every part of us.
Leaven is a rising agent - substance you knead or work into a dough used to make bread…. into a uniform mixture by pressing, folding and stretching… kneading is also a term used in massage.
Then heat is added for a certain amount of time. It causes the bread to rise and set.
- John 11:23-25 … I am the resurrection & the life….
- Col 1:26-27 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory
- 1 Cor 15:13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
Passover – just around the corner! - Christ is risen….. The Paschal Greeting, also known as the Easter Acclamation,….
Christ is the “rising agent”
Who likes hot bread just out of the oven? 3 Source of fire!
- Heb 12:29 – God is a consuming fire
- Jer 23:29 – is not my word like a fire….
- God HS – Matt 3:11 …. Speaks of Jesus who will baptize us with the HS and with fire
- The devil working through his servants – ie Dan 3:19 – 3 in fiery furnace
- Eccl 9:11 – time and chance, trials, tribulations, pressure, friction causes heat. Demo fire starter….. right circumstances…. Friction…..
- Rev 3:18 – Jesus counsels us to buy gold tried in the fire
- 1 Peter 1:6-7 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ….
If you get the leaven of heaven in you…. Then you will enjoy Rom 8:11… But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Wisdom of this world vs the wisdom from above.
Heb 5:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
What are you eating? What are you feeding your mind and soul? Field to table like in the parables or from a vending machine (religious & political systems hijacked for a man’s personal desire for wealth, fame, power)….. ……
Recognize it was the collusion between the religious spirit and the political spirit that crucified Christ.
Beware of the Leaven of unbelief & hypocrisy…. Whatever altar you associate with, you become a partaker of it. Wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Hypocrisy – hypocrite Greek for actor
John 6:33-35 - Jesus is the bread from heaven... If man eats he will never hunger
Matt 6:11… give us this day our daily bread
You are what you eat…..
Heb 10:7 – behold I come in the volume of the book…. John 1:1 & vs 14 – Jesus is the word
We get the leaven of heaven in us by kneading. Knead is a verb – requires action… it means to work into something
- To work (dough or clay) into a uniform mixture by pressing, folding and stretching
- To manipulate by similar movements as in the body in a massage (hurts so good)
- Kneed is also verb which means to strike or touch with the knee… humility
- A need is something necessary? A lack of something deemed necessary.
- We need to do Mark 8:34-35 …. Die to ourselves and take up our cross daily.
- The word is like the dough….. HS is like the leaven from heaven…. We need to mix the two daily.
So the question is, what do you need? - Matt 13:33 1 Cor 11:28… let a man examine himself……..Where do you need to come to the cross! Do you need more HS…. Working in your life?
- What is rising out of you? - salvation
- Do you need to confess sin and repent?
- Do you need prayer and deliverance?
- Do you need someone to pray with you?
- Do you need a word or direction from God?
- Do you need to partake more of God’s word? Do you need some more dough? Do you need some more leaven from heaven? Do you need more HS?