Here is how the revelation unfolded. As I meditated upon this phrase the Lord reminded me of:
“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
1 John 5:7-8
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
Here's the Revelation of "The Power of One"
- Jesus prayed His Church would be one as He and the Father were one and that we would be one in them. Therefore He shared His glory with us.
- John the Baptist prophesied of "the one," Jesus Christ, who was mightier that him who would baptize us with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- As the disciples tarried in Jerusalem in one accord the promised baptism with the Holy Spirit and fire was poured out.
- God models for us what one means. The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit agree as one. They are separate and distinct yet they agree to work together, to function together, to speak together, to move together..... AS ONE!
Armies Exist to Project Power to Enforce the Will of the Government they Represent
The Church is the representation of Christ's government on earth. The Navy War College taught me that armies exist to project power to enforce the will of the government they represent. That is why Jesus taught us to pray, "kingdom come and will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." That's why Ephesians 3:10-11 says....
to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
In warfare there is a principle that is used to define "combat power." It's called the principle of mass. There are 5 elements used to define power. It starts with leadership and ends with numbers of weapons. You can learn more about it in my book "Developing Apostolic Strategy" available through Amazon.
The last factor is "number of weapons" or number of people. Every person you can add exponentially increases the power through agreement. Matthew 18:19 teaches us that if any two or three will agree touching one thing it will be done for them. Leviticus 26:8 says, "Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you."
The number of people are like a "base number" in math.
Math Lesson 2 - Holy Spirit is an Exponent
- The base is the number that is multiplied by itself a certain quantity of times.
- The exponent is the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself.
- Power is a synonym for the exponent.
- It is expressed like this:
The Holy Spirit is the "exponential power" that comes to rest upon God's Church as we come together in agreement and create an atmosphere to make God welcome in our presence. That's what the 24/7/365 prayer strategy fostered through 1Church1Day is all about.
I've heard it said many times that numbers don't matter. Well let me respectfully and aggressively disagree with you. Numbers absolutely do matter. In warfare numbers matter a lot. That's why Jesus admonishes us in Luke 14:28-32 to "COUNT" the cost to build a tower and to "COUNT" the cost of going to war with 10,000 against 20,000.
My friends, the David and Goliath examples of victory are the exception in scripture and not the rule. Typically armies fight in war and armies are made up of lots of soldiers. That's the rule! Gideon and his 300 are also an exception. But, they both had something, or should I say someone, added to their equation that increased their power exponentially.
If you understand God's math and His principles then you will understand all of the "factors" that play a part in determining power. For example, guess who the ultimate strategist and warrior general is? Exodus 15:3 The Lord is a man of war; The Lord is His name. Why He is called Yahweh Sabaoath over 245+ times in God's word. That means Lord of the Armies or Lord of the Hosts. He is the author of the principles of war that have been taught by military professionals for over 2500 years.
One of the things you will find is that the principle in war used to define power is "mass." There are 5 elements or factors that determine combat power and numbers of weapons are one of the factors.
The Power of One!
When I first heard the Lord speak to me during the time I spend each day waiting and listening to Him it was in the context of the 1Church1Day strategy. It had to do with the power of adding just one to the equation. He began by showing the power of increasing the base by one. Therefore, every:
- Hour of prayer
- Day of prayer
- Person who adds their voice to agree in a prayer alert (why I want you to click "I Prayed" button)
When we do this every "one" Increases the base number. The strategic prayer invites God to come as Himself too (2)! I trust and pray you can see the word play! So if we have 1000 people, hours, churches, days of prayer or people who click "I Prayed," we see this.
The Power of 1Church1Day - One Church One Day
So what does this really mean? It means:
- Every person is very important. In fact, the more we add the more important each one becomes.
- Every church/ministry is very important.
- Every hour we watch and pray is important for one voice adds power to the decrees we proclaim.
- Every day of prayer is extremely important for so many people's voices are added as the decrees are proclaimed.
- Every single voice we add to a prayer alert is extremely important.
Together we are much more powerful than apart.
Connecting Leaders in the 7 Spheres with Strategic Intercession
Through our strategy, not only do we facilitate the kind of prayer that invites God's abiding presence and His exponential power when He rests upon us, but we also help prepare a table to invite leaders from the 7 mountains to come and form apostolic councils. In doing so we add two other very important elements that increase the power. These are:
- Honoring jurisdictional authority
- When applying power, the more narrow the focus, the more timely the application, the more specific the prayer, the more we can concentrate the power at a specific time and place, the better the results.
Right now I'm working with leaders in Washington State to form 12 apostolic councils as we build the mountain of the Lord's house of prayer for all nations. We've got the Government Council and the Family Life council started. I expect to see all 12 functional by the end of the year.
Do you want to see this strategy used in your state, county, city or Church?
Then I'd encourage you to take the 10 lessons offered through the click here 1Church1day - How to Pray & Transform Course offered though our Kingdom Academy. We've a special for the 1st 20 students to. Just enter 50%-Off-First-20
Will You Be the One?
Will you be the one to:
- Click here to download 1Church1Day from Itunes?
- Click here to download 1Church1Day from Google Play?
- Add the times you pray to our prayer calendar?
- Be a church/ministry who organizes your prayer to take a day of prayer each month?
- Pray the decrees?
- Pray the alerts and click "I Prayed?
Why Are You So Concerned about Numbers?
I would submit, it's part of the characteristic of the God who also counts every hair on your head (Luke 12:6-7 & Matthew 10:29-20). That my friends is an attention to detail we'll never attain, but we do try to be good stewards of the efforts that go into building our Father's house of prayer for all nations.
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.