Remember, Revelation 12 describes how Satan, the dragon, that serpent of old called the Devil, and his angels were in a war in heaven and they were cast to the earth. Verse 17 reveals how that dragon was enraged and went to "make war" with those who "keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
So we have been and are at war. It's a spiritual war that spills into the seven spheres or mountains of culture.
PSYOPS = Psychological Operations
I learned in through the Navy War College that "armies exist to project power to enforce the will of the government they represent." War involves conflict between two or more opposing ideas with the goal of imposing one government's will upon another. Most people think of war in the context of using physical force to defeat an enemy so as to remove their will to resist. It seeks to change their mind!
In Satan's war he has a strategy against against the family, men and women. Today, I'll focus on one aspect of his war against men. He is using both direct and indirect attacks. His goal, is to rob the body of Christ, men in particular, of their will to fight.
It’s called psychological warfare whose operations are referred to as PSYOPS. Wikipedia says click "….Various techniques are used, and are aimed at influencing a target audience's value system, belief system, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics. It is also used to destroy the morale of enemies through tactics that aim to depress troops' psychological states…. common peace policy practice between nations as a form of indirect aggression. This type of propaganda drains the public opinion of an opposing regime by stripping away its power on public opinion. It’s hard to defend against and it’s goal is to defeat the will of the enemy.
Jesus taught us in Matthew 6:10 to pray Lord, let Your kingdom come and Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Satan seeks to oppose God's will. PSYOPs is one of the means of attempting to defeat the will of your adversary.
Toxic Masculinity - A Strategy to Emasculate Men
Why? Because James 5:16 says, "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Emasculation does two things. Historically it is a form or torture and it removes the man's ability to reproduce. Both those end results fit well with Satan's agenda described in John 8:44 and John 10:10. He comes to kill, steal and destroy those whom God loves and his deceit, twisting the truth is his modus operandi. It's just the way he rolls!
One of the newest attacks introduces a new concept of “toxic masculinity.” Click for NBC News Toxic masculinity is terrible shorthand and real problem plaguing men. Excerpt: "There is a popular (and controversial name) for the concept that men can suffer negative psychological consequences from trying to live up to traditional ideas of what it means to be men." The goal is to position men as the victimizers. Excerpt 2: "The concept of “traditional masculinity ideology,” as the report calls it, is a standard for maleness held by large segments of the population that involves “anti-femininity, achievement, eschewal of the appearance of weakness, and adventure, risk, and violence” and is linked “homophobia, bullying and sexual harassment."
The Anatomy of Introducing a Deceitful Lie
First, broad sweeping statements about any group like all men, all women, all Christians. all Muslims, all Americans, all Indians... set the communicator up for inaccuracies for invariably there are always exceptions. But it is a very effective tool if your goal is to introduce a lie.
The most effective deceptions insert a lie along with elements of truth. The more truth the more likely the lie can be introduced without the ready realizing it. It's like a seed that is being planted. The parable of the sower in Mark 4 while focusing on the seed of truth, works the exact same way with a lie. If the seed fines good ground, in this case a heart and mind who've been prepped to doubt God and the truth, then the lie can grow.
As the lie grows, the plant produces more fruit which contains seeds which multiplies. That carrier of the lie can effect many more. Can you see how that works?
Toxic Masculinity is an Attack on Traditional Family Values
Toxic masculinity is an attack on traditional family values. First, Satan introduces a new word or concept. In Longreads.com's article The Origins of Toxic Masculinity it says, "One of the first appearances of toxic masculinity in the mainstream press was in a 1990 New Republic article by Daniel Gross. “The Gender Rap: ‘Toxic Masculinity’ and Other Male Troubles” focused on a new-age movement that appeared to resonate with a healthy number of American men (the first annual Men’s Studies Conference ..." So, do I need to explain the origins of the New Age Movement?
Satan is obviously behind this attack on traditional family values. The concept is used to focus on violence against women such as sexual assault which which traditional family values (the Bible) condemns.
This evil deceit does two things. First, it implies traditional family values (Toxic Masculinity & The Anatomy of a Deceit in Satan’s Psychological War Against Men) advocates acts the Bible considers sin. Secondly, the practitioners that commit crimes such as sexual assault are committed by Satan’s minions; not God's people. So the act which sets up the event for Satan’s minions to criticize is committed by Satan's own. Never forget, in John 8:44 he is called the "father of lies."
The goal is to use a false guilt to pacify men so they do not function as God designed them.
Here's the Truth
God's word says men are to:
- Prove Themselves by Keeping God's Word - 1 Kings 2:2 David dying said … "be strong therefore and prove yourself a man! Keep the charge of the Lord your God to walk in His ways, keep His statutes, His commandments, judgments and testimonies… that you may prosper…."
- Be Strong and Courageous - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Paul says, "Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. Let all your things be done with charity…… The Amplified Bible says it this way. Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith (your conviction respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength! Let everything you do be done in love (true love to God and man as inspired by God’s love for us).
- Protect and Care for Their Wives - 1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
- Provide – In Genesis 30:30 we find Jacob concerned about providing for his family and in 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 we find the concept of if you don't work you don't eat and God expects men to work.
- Old Men and Young Men - Paul says in Titus 2:1 – 8 that older men ought to be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in the faith, in love & patience while he exhorts young me be sober minded, showing yourself a pattern of good works, in doctrine, integrity, reverence, incorruptibility and sound speech that people may have nothing evil to say. Psalm 15:4 also introduces the idea of a righteous man is to keep their word even to their own hurt. In other words, their word is their bond.
- Fight to Protect Their Families, Neighbors, & City/Nation – Nehemiah 4:13-14 Therefore I positioned men behind the lower parts of the wall, at the openings; and I set the people according to their families, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”
The enemy seeks to take away the godly man's will to fight in this spiritual war. The question is, will you submit yourself to his desire or will you do what Jesus did?
1 John 3:8
He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
How do we destroy lies? We speak the truth.
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ--