David's Tent in Washington DC
Kathie Cassady led a team to DC this week on behalf of Washington State. This team is joined by Doug Basler, Mike DeLorenzo, Lisa Abyeta and many more. Let's pray they hit the mark and Jesus is glorified.
- Forgive us of our pride, arrogance, and sin (Matt 6:9-12)
- In Your presence is vindication (Ps 17:2)
- Deliver us from evil (Matt 6:12)
- Expose evil and render the justice necessary to show mercy on the righteous to obey Your voice and honor your word so that this nation's destiny in these end times is fulfilled.
- Let not the liar nor the slanderer be established (Ps 140:11)
- Isaiah 28:16-18 6 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
17 Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet;
The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place.
18 Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand;
When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it.
Pride vs Humility
On June 1st Mr. Biden who is sitting in the president’s office endorsed LBBTQ Pride month and ordered all embassies to display the gay pride flag. Our state’s legislature concurs.
- Forgive us oh Lord for our pride for we know you resist the proud but give grace to the humble. Psalm 59:12, James 4:6 & 1 Peter 5:5-6. Let us humble ourselves.
- Let us pray like Daniel did, Daniel 9:3-13 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the LORD my God, and made confession, and said, "O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments. 6 Neither have we heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings and our princes, to our fathers and all the people of the land. 7 O Lord, righteousness belongs to You, but to us shame of face, as it is this day—to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, …because we have sinned against You. 9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him. 10 We have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. 11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. 12 And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster…. all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.
The book, “A Time to Advance,” by Chuck Pierce has been recommended as they look at each month compare it to God’s prophetic timetable. From this we learn that this month we ought to:
- Forgive us where we have retreated and we declare, Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
- Declare it is a time for vision and covenant alignment. Examine your own walk and make adjustments and in doing so becoming vulnerable to the Lord.
- Call forth leaders in the government and education spheres that they are not double minded (James 1:5) but would rather be fully convinced in their own mind (Romans 14:5) of the Way, the Truth and the Life.
- Pray for the families to make the decisions for what schooling choices their family needs (School, public or private, co-op, curriculum), which subjects to sign up for. For families to become vulnerable to one another and the Lord. How can we as a family worship this month? Are we worshipping a golden calf or the one true God? Pray that families guard their eyes on all electronics.
Witchcraft is being practiced by some in government and education and by some working around these spheres. There are many who call themselves Christian but have no solid foundation in God's word and therefore have little discernment and are easy to manipulate. Forgive us oh Lord.
- Declare, 1 John 3:8-9 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
- 1 Samuel 15:23 declares that witchcraft is as the sin of rebellion. Even as Elymas the sorcerer, a false prophet, sought to interfere with the apostle’s interaction with the proconsul in Acts 13:8-12. May the supernatural power of God frustrate the signs and words of these babblers and may discernment grow in the state of your elect.
- Pray for alignment in the government and education spheres and that the Church repent of her apathy and ignorance.
Bad Fruit vs the Character of Christ
Galatians 5 lists the fruit of the spirit and the fruit of the flesh. For those who call themselves Christian:
- Forgive us Lord for declaring we are Christian and then we act like or make decisions based upon the world’s way. We confess our hypocrisy and sin. 1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Forgive us for acting like religious whitewashed tombs (Matt 23:27).
- Pray the character of Christ is formed within as the Word of God is read and meditated upon daily combined with regular personal prayer.
- Pray for the maturing of the body of Christ. May we come to full age. Hebrews 5:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
- To learn to discern get the workbook Hebrews 6 Foundations.
- Pray we’d seek first the kingdom of God (Matt 6:33) and His righteousness and that we’d be like the sons of God who are led by and worship Him in Spirit and truth ((Rom. 8:14 & Jn 4:24).