Three Kinds of People in War
Here's an important Biblical principle expressed in 1 Corinthians 15:46 which teaches us that the natural comes first and then the spiritual. So, there are some things we can learn about spiritual war by studying natural war.
Consider this brief historical look at America's war for independence (1775-1783). There were three kinds of people.
- The Volunteers! These were members of the militia, minutemen, and the Continental Army actively engaged in the fight and they made up about 3% of the population. Another 25-30% actively supporting the cause for freedom from tyranny.
- The Complacent! These are those who just did not care one way or the other. If the British won fine or if the Colonies won, they were fine. This made up about 30-40% of the population. They could also be described as disinterested, aloof, uninterested which veil ignorance and some cowardice. Their primary interest was their self.
- The Tories! - These were in one sense like the anti-war protesters of the Vietnam era but in another sense they were not. Many joined with the British Army fighting against those who volunteered in the War of Independence.
It's basically the same in any conflict. As I waited upon the Lord about the spiritual war we are in this is what I heard were the three kinds of people in this spiritual war today. I call them the 3 R's! The question is, which one are you?
The Three Kinds of People in Spiritual War Today
- The Remnant - These are like the Minute Men of old, they volunteered and they have personally prepared and are willing to respond on a moment's notice. They run to the battle and are willing to sacrifice and lay their lives down for the cause of liberty and freedom in Christ. They know nations and people's eternal destiny in heaven or in hell depend upon what they choose to do.
- The Reticent - These are those who choose stay silent and reside in ignorance and complacency.
- The Rebellious - These are a mix. They are like the anti-war protesters in the Vietnam War era who cried make love and not war and in the process helped birth what was called a "sexual revolution" that laid the ground work for the perversion we face today. Then there are those who who claim to be Christian and yet actively fight against God's word. These are those who stand for abortion, homosexual marriage, and all kinds of sexual promiscuity and practices which the Bible describes as abominations.
Which "R" Are You?
Here is the big revelation. If you are a member of the Reticent, group, then the truth is you are part of the Rebellious. Jesus says in Matthew 12:30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad."
I pray God awaken our hearts so that we are fully aware of where He sees us. My opinion matters not one bit. But His opinion is everything especially on judgment day. Until then, we have time to make a difference but after we die, or He returns, then our time is up. Know that what you do now, or choose not to do now, will greatly impact your place in eternity. Our relatively short lives determine our place in eternity. I know this, I want to please my heavenly Father. How about you?
What Can the Remnant Do?
Here are some of the characteristics that mark the remnant.
- Personal devotion expressed through daily prayer and reading God's word.
- Worship to God expressed through our attitude and acts expressed through how we do our work unto God, gather with other believers, give tithes, offerings, first-fruits, alms, fasting, reach out and serve widows, orphans, our posture in services or prayer such as kneeling, bowing down or acts of service all motivated by love for God.
- Partnering with God's purpose and agenda in these last days. This is expressed three ways:
- Watch and pray like Jesus admonished us to do which is also expressed through Acts 15:16 and is related to the restoration of David's tabernacle (24/7 prayer) which is the key to the harvest.
- Not only pray but be willing to be a laborer sent to the harvest. This means sharing the gospel of the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ through not only the preaching of the gospel but demonstrating it through healing, casting out devils and raising the dead.
- Being connected to and mobilized with the army of the Lord (ie. Ezekiel 37:1-11 or Joel 2:1-11) which is His Church whom Christ prayed we'd be one (John 17:21) so that the manifold wisdom of God might be made known to principalities and powers (Ephesians 3:10) that we might destroy the works of the enemy like Jesus did (1 John 3:8) and set the captives free (Luke 4:18)
Aim High & Join Prayer Force - Be All You Can Be in the Lord's Army
- If you're part of the Remnant but you are disconnected or, you'd like to be part of the Remnant, then I'd like to invite you to join us. You can "Aim High & Join Prayer Force" or "Be all You Can Be & Join the Lord's Army."
Like the Marine Corps, we are looking for a few good men and women. A Remnant! Are you who we are looking for? Are we who you are looking for?
League with Us through 1Church1Day!
- Click here to download the 1Church1Day United We Pray app through Itunes
- Click here to download the 1Church1Day United We Pray app through Google Play
- Then sign up for your watch and pray the decrees and alerts! Join us in projecting power to enforce the will of King Jesus on earth as it is in heaven.