But what is it? I mean, the revelation is powerful! But is there a practical way for us to put our faith in action today and bring this into reality? If you understand what the word translated "rod" in the Hebrew is and you let the Bible interpret the Bible you can.
What is it
So what's the rod of God? It's God's people proclaiming a timely word from our Lord.
So what is the Hebrew word translated rod and what does it mean? It's the Hebrew word sebet (Strongs h7626) and it means to branch off; a stick (for punishing, writing, fighting, ruling, walking, etc.) or a clan: a rod, sceptre, staff, or tribe.
In fact, this Hebrew word (h7626) is only translated 'rod' 34 times in the Bible where as it is translated 'tribe' more than 140 times. It is 7x more frequently translated people and I could easily swap 'rod' for 'tribe." Then Psalm 2:-9 would read;
“I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a TRIBE of iron..."
The scripture also says;
- Revelation 12:5 "She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne."
- Revelation 19:15 "Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."
- Psalm 110:1-2 " The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies!"
Hear the Rod = Hear the Tribe
So the rod refers to a tribe. A tribe is made up of people. Now these next scriptures make more sense.
- Micah 6:9 says, "The Lord's voice cries to the city— Wisdom shall see Your name: “Hear the rod!..."
- Psalm 68:11 says, "The Lord gave the word; Great was the company of those who proclaimed it:"
- Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
- Ephesians 6:17 says, "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;"
Prophets & Ministers
Amos 3:7-8 tells us that God does nothing without revealing it first to the prophets and we find a pattern all through scripture where God uses prophets or His prophetic ministers to share His heart, His will or a word. That is how the Lord "gives the word" in Psalm 68:11 and He is looking for a "great company" to proclaim His word.
Why? Because there is exponential power in agreement. Matthew 18:19, Leviticus 26:8 and Deuteronomy 32:30 teach us there is exponential power in agreement. You know, like one puts a thousand to flight but when two coming into agreement, they put ten thousand to flight.
Every single person we can add to proclaim God's word, exponentially increases the power that is released.
Exponentially Increasing the Power
The rod of iron is God's people who get in rank and in file. The are immovable because they've had their metal tested in the furnace of affliction. They are proven. They are not wimps nor cowards. They take their position and join their tribe to discover and proclaim God's word and enforce His will.
That is strategic, powerful and effective corporate spiritual warfare. That's why kings of armies flee in Psalm 68:12.
Psalm 68:11-12 says, "The Lord gave the word; Great was the company of those who proclaimed it: “Kings of armies flee, they flee, And she who remains at home divides the spoil."
This is a truth that King David understood and he employed on Zion in the Tabernacle of David. In my book Operation Rolling Thunder - revised edition, I share this revelation how Zion is the place of 24/7 prayer, praise and worship. It's this continual prayer praise and worship that creates a big chair for God to come and sit as a judge and a king (Psalm 22:3). It's in this place we hear God's word and then join together like a tribe to proclaim it.
In years past we relied upon corporate prayer gatherings, prayer lists and conference calls. They still work today and we use them. But because of our busy schedules, distance, the cost of conferences, travel, etc... we are limited as to how many people invite to join us in exponentially increasing the power of our decrees. But through the strategic 1Church1Day system God gave us and this app we can dramatically increase the power through our proclamations.
- Isaiah 44:7 - And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me....
- Job 22:28 - You will also declare a thing and it will be established ....
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 - and since we have the same spirit of faith.... "I believed and therefore I spoke," and we also believe and therefore speak.
1Church1Day App - Get Yours Today
The 1Church1Day app provides a way for you to help us "pre-prayer" the way of the Lord. How?
- Decrees & emergency prayer alerts
- Decrees and alerts determined through consulting prophetic intercessors, prophets and ministers
- Calendar to help you schedule a regular watch and do your part to help build spiritual Zion and our Father's house of prayer for all nations.
- Reports - Tell us what God is saying through words, dreams and visions
I would like to extend to you an invitation to join the army of the Lord. Join the army of watchmen who cry out, prepare the way of the Lord, make straight paths for our God. Help us to build that spiritual highway that leads everyone back to Zion, the place of God's abiding presence. Help us to fulfill one of Jesus' mandate to "watch and pray."