Did you know that the milk of God's word teaches the believer how to judge? Typically, I find that those who believe Christian's are not supposed to judge also believe that they are not to be involved in politics either. It is immature. If you have a problem with what I just said, then I strongly urge to go back to the Hebrews 6 Foundations workbook and do the lesson on The Eternal Judgement and you'll find a thorough study on the topic where you will discover that 1 Corinthians 2:15 says, "But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one." Christ calls us to judge things such as, words and actions. This is done by comparing the word or action to God's word.
Politics Verses Government
Did you know that the term politics cannot be found in the New King James Bible? Politics is not there. But you will find government all through the scripture. What do you think God was doing with Moses when He established the nation? What do you think a "kingdom" is all about? Why we can find reference to government in some fashion or form in almost every book in the Bible. From King Saul's interaction with the prophet Samuel, to Elijah's confrontation of the prophets of Baal led by Jezebel and allowed by King Ahab, to John the Baptist confronting social issues while calling out King Herod and Herodias' elicit relationship to Paul dealing with Elymas the sorcerer in front of the Proconsul, there are numerous examples of God desiring His people to engage, be involved in and confront civil government.
What do the scriptures say or illustrate?
- Christ has a government.
- Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
- Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born,
- People who serve in government are "ministers" to. The Greek word translated minister in in Romans 12 is the same word used to refer to Paul and Apollos as ministers to in 1 Corinthians 3:5 & Ephesians 3:7.
- Romans 13:1-4 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 ...... 4, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil for he is God's minister for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; For he is God's minister to you
- Does god want His people involved in government? How many kings where there? What about elders and princes?
- See 1 Samuel through 2nd Kings. King Saul, King David, King Solomon... to King Hezekiah and see the books of every major and minor prophet. The list is so very extensive.
- When Israel came out of slavery God had Moses bring order by appointing 70 to serve as elders. In their day elders referred to religious as well as civil leaders.
- Exodus 24:1- 9 and Numbers 11:16-25.
- Why our father in the faith Abraham was called a prince and ruled over a family of families who was able to field an army of over 300 when his nephew Lot needed rescue. Do you know what the Navy War College taught me about armies? Armies exist to project power to enforce the will of the government they represent.
- Genesis 23:5
- In Numbers 1:4 we find reference to the "heads of their father's house." The leaders of these tribes ranged in number from 30,000 to more than 70,000. the point is that takes order, organization and laws which is what God had Moses institute.
- What about Joseph and Daniel who served other kings.
- Genesis 41 tells how God called Joesph to serve in Pharoh's house.
- The book of Daniel describes Daniel's exploits along with other children of Israel who governed.
Evil kings and rulers cause oppression.
This is why the Bible says:
- Proverbs 29: 2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.
- Proverbs 28:12 When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory; But when the wicked arise, men hide themselves.
- Proverbs 28:28 When the wicked arise, men hide themselves; But when they perish, the righteous increase.
- Proverbs 29:4 The king establishes the land by justice, But he who receives bribes overthrows it.
- Proverbs 29:12 If a ruler pays attention to lies, All his servants become wicked.
- Proverbs 29:14 The king who judges the poor with truth, His throne will be established forever.
- Proverbs 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases; But the righteous will see their fall.
- Psalms 94:20-23 Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law,
Have fellowship with You?
21 They gather together against the life of the righteous,
And condemn innocent blood.
22 But the LORD has been my defense,
And my God the rock of my refuge.
23 He has brought on them their own iniquity,
And shall cut them off in their own wickedness;
The LORD our God shall cut them off.
Laws are very important. Government leaders create laws. In First and Second Kings we find this phrase more than 20 times which describes evil kings who implemented laws and policies which I quote, "made Israel sin." It hastened the judgments described in Leviticus 18, 20, Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28. It is why:
- Psalms 94:20-23 says, "Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law, Have fellowship with You? 21 They gather together against the life of the righteous, And condemn innocent blood. 22 But the LORD has been my defense, And my God the rock of my refuge. 23 He has brought on them their own iniquity, And shall cut them off in their own wickedness; The LORD our God shall cut them off.
- 2 Samuel 23:3 The God of Israel said,
The Rock of Israel spoke to me:
'He who rules over men must be just,
Ruling in the fear of God.
- Psalms 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men.
Dictionary.com defines politics as "the science or art of political government." It also means the practice or profession of conducting political affairs and use of intrigue or strategy in obtaining any position of power or control, as in business, university, etc..
Why is the word "politics" not in the Bible? It is because politics is something man made up to navigate and control (manipulate) government usually with a selfish motive and with and through compromise and I don't mean in a good way (ie. see what the Bible says about bribes, false witnesses, and unjust weights) . It is up to noble men and women to re-enter this arena to restore God's original design for government. It was meant to serve and protect the people and not serve oneself and collect power, prestige, and wealth through the abuse of power.
Consider the Great Commission
Recall that the Great Commission Jesus gave us is found in Matthew 28:18-20. It says, " And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen."
It is also found in Mark 16:15-18, which says, "And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
The description of Jesus' command in Mark is much more personally focused on people. Jesus command in Matthew focuses our attention on people groups. People groups all throughout scripture require government. Some Christians' have been taught that Christian's ought not to be entangled in this world. I think they missed the mark. The Church's withdrawal from political issues that touch on morals allowed one woman, Madeline Murray O'Hair to remove prayer from public schools. Where was the Church? When Roe v Wade introduced abortion in 1973, where was the Church? When marriage that God defined was compromised, such that same sex marriage is now legal in all 50 US states in 2015, where was the Church? The throne of iniquity which devises evil by law is manifesting in this nation. It is encouraging law actions that the Bible calls abominations. Abominations are acts that will enact a spiritual law that causes the land to vomit the inhabitants out (Leviticus 18:25). These actions bring curses into play which are described in places like Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26 which include plagues, pestilence, endless wars, terror, lack, debt and so much more. Does any of this sound familiar (ie. the Wuhan virus/Covid 19)?
As long as Christians abandon government corruption will flourish. We are called to make disciples individually and as a nation. You can tell if a person has been discipled by watching what they do. You can tell when a nation has been discipled by watching what they do corporately. Their laws reflect the nature and values of their culture. Understand that the Great Commission does require the transformation of individual lives. Absolutely. But it does not stop there. Only as righteous men and women rise to the challenge will the government sphere of society be transformed. Why do we want righteous men and women, truthful men and women in government?
- Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
Matthew 25:31-46 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45 Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
How Should I be Involved?
I submit to you that depends. It depends upon are you a citizen of the nation, yes or no? Jesus commanded us saying in Matthew 4:17, repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
The question is, what is in your hand? You have the opportunity to steward what is in your hand. If you are a citizen with rights, then that is a power you have to steward. My friends, Jesus came to give us freedom. Freedom is a gift. It is a responsibility. As Jesus demonstrated, freedom is not free. It cost him a great sacrifice on the cross. Freedom has been provided to the United States. A small percentage of us in this nation have served in the military. We risked our lives to protect the freedoms and liberties we enjoy because of the sacrifice of our founding fathers. Freedom is a gift. It is a responsibility. I'm contending and fighting for this nation so as to steward this nations freedom of speech which is useful to the propagation of the gospel of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ and the end time harvest of souls He is worthy to receive. Bottom line, freedom, use them or lose it. To use it well you need to get informed.
You might be someone like Joseph, Daniel, David or Nehemiah who is called to serve in government. Or you might be like Elijah, Elisha, Nathan, the apostle Paul, or Isaiah the prophet who was called to advise and or speak God's word to kings, princes, elders and confront moral issues of society too.
Everyone in interacts with government. Some interact as a citizen; others interact as an apostle or a prophet, and still others are called to serve in an office. Bottom line, everyone has a part. I pray you hit the mark.
KLI's Kingdom Academy
This is one of the lessons from our Kingdom Academy. If you'd like to learn more click here.
- Two Keys to Equip You to Discern False Prophets & Doctrines of Demons in Politics Today!
- Discover Why There is So Much Anger & Hatred in Politics in America!
- Archbishop Viganò’s powerful letter to President Trump: Eternal struggle between good and evil playing out right now
- Love & Hate in the Culture War!
- I'm at War with this Ideology!
- How Satan's Ministers Present Themselves as Angels of Light!